24.9.12

Balik Tanaw: Favorite 90's Memories Part 3


Man, was the idea of posting memories from the 90's a total baloney? I guess not.

Needless to say that most people can to relate to it. There are still fun remembrances that others can hardly recall until someone is there to remind it to them. I tell you it's not false modesty if I say posting this is not all about gaining more traffic to my site. It's more about bringing out something relevant to my readers. And given  my druthers, I'd like to hope this post will serve as reference soon when 90's will already become a distant decade in the past.

Let's begin our time travel for the third time.

Where did I stop in Part 2?

Ahh here!

Morning TV Shows


                  "Bawat bata may tanong, 'ba't ganito, ba't ganon?' Hayaang buksan 
                ang isipan sa Science o Agham. Tayo na! Sa sineskwela! Tuklasin na-
                   tin ang siyensya. Buksan ang pag-iisip. Tayo'y likas na sayantis."

Aahh, those lines play a huge part of my childhood. I still watch this every weekday mornings on Knowledge Channel whenever I have the chance to.

Naaalala mo ba yan? Batibot! :D
Eh yung mga kanta ng At Iba Pa??? :D
Remember Porfirio of Epol Apple? Eh si kuya Bodjie who was formerly in Batibot, too? :D
            Do you remember this also? Hit play so you'll know :D I'm totally not a math junkie but I knew I'm going to enjoy it someday just by listening to this :D

   Ikaw ang unang nag-buo ng bayang pilipino. Ikaw ang 
      unang lumaban sa pananakop ng dayuhan. Ikaw ang nag-sindi 
        ng ilaw. Ikaw and nag-bigay ng liwanag sa kahulugan at katwiran, 
        sa halaga ng kalayaan! 

 Bayani! One of my faves! My nationalistic hint is awaken. Kinikilabutan pa rin ako. This honestly influenced my love for learning Philippine History kahit pa ba madalas nakakalula magbasa ng mahahabang narratives. Kayo, anong episode ang naaalala n'yo? :D

I even posted an entry that entirely talks about another sensible TV show, Hiraya Manawari. Click here in case you haven't read it yet.

                  Hiraya Manawari! Aaahhh childhood! Agree when it was said that not all youth experienced
childhood with these TV series.

Remember Balt and Mithi?? How about listening to that vid below
                           Could not find any better video for the opening. But I surely miss watching this.
           Still aired on Knowledge Channel. You can check on their website to know the time slot.
          Mga kwentong mula sa pahina. Mga kwentong panitikan. That's how I describe this TV series. :) :)

Nighttime TV Shows

Familiar lang ang linyang yan for sure! :D

"Magandang gabi bayan!" a la Noli de Castro haha :D
A trusted news program already! Ever since the 90s :)
There was Balitang K long before Rated K! :D
Kung may Kuya Kim ngayon, noon merong Ka Ernie Baron along the famous line,
"Pag walang knowledge, walang power" :)
And of course! Who will ever forget?? Go go go Power Rangers! hahaha :D
Whoa! Si Alpha who is better known by kids as "ayayayay" hahaha :D
Real crimes, real people, real story. Calvento Files! I so remember this!!!
Dramas oh dramas!!! hahaha

How did it feel when Ted Failon already starts to say "Hoy gising!" haha :D
How about the Mexican novelas that invaded Phil TV before Korean novelas did? haha:D

The World Tonight! My favorite late night news program (I was 5 and young but I'm honest if I'd say I really watch this back then) I remember Mr.Teddy Locsin breaking the opening line, "I'm Teddy Locsin,Jr. and this is The World Tonight" I loved that!

Oka Tokat (Takot Ako) Creepy TV series every Tuesday nights in the 90s :)

And one of the most sensible TV shows, Wansapanataym! :) Sometimes it makes me cry when I listen to the opening song again :) :) A very good show to watch,aired every Sunday evening (just before kids go back to school on the weekdays)
     Napanood niyo din ba yung movie??? :) Si Barbiel!!!Who made known the line "Oh my gulay!" hahaha

And here's to all the 90s evening filled with laughter...


Sitcoms


Oki Doc(translated as That's My Doc!) :D Dickson (Roderick Paulate, my favorite character) hahaha
"And Tito Aga kong beterinaryo laging kapiling mga pusa't aso." said the lines of the theme song :D
Kaya Ni Mister, Kaya Ni Misis ("Silang magka-partner sa bahay man o business") haha I'm such a  savvy to the 90s TV shows :D
Palibhasa Lalake (Just Because You're A Man) Na remember ko pa kikay role ni Ms.Cynthia Patag
Waaahh Super Laff-In, the wackiest gag show!!!! :D
           "Super laff-in, laff in na ooh, ooh" hahaha It's sad to hear about Redford White's passing though

Ober da Bakod!!!I also watched this along the same sitcoms Beh Bote Nga & Okay Ka Fairy Ko
And of coure! The Cosme Family!!! Who will ever forget the comedy king Dolphy?
There were actually a lot more sitcoms not included: Pwedeng Pwede (Robin Padilla), Abangan ang Susunod na Kabanata (a Philippine Political Sattire/Situational Comedy), Tarajing Potpot name them all :D

The Movies


Did you watch this??? My brother and I liked this a lot before. You know kids identify themselves to the characters they see on TV. We were not an exemption. I was playing Julie and my brother was playing Mikey teehee :D
How 'bout this one??? Beethoven!!! We even had a parrot named after this dog  :) wink*
Familiar with this movie?? I'm a fan of Tom Hanks, and this movie's worth watching.  A story of a man with low IQ but  had accomplished great things in life. There is even one restaurant in Manila which name's taken from this movie, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. in Greenbelt,Makati :)  Intelligent movies!Love!
Eh eto???Casper!!! :) And oh Christina Ricci!
Yep I watched this too! :)
I stumbled and rolled with---tadaaa! Jumanji!!! :)
You want a child's play? Let's play Chucky waaaaa scary!
But of course di pahuhuli ang Pi-li-pins! hahaha Shake,Rattle, & Roll. So many sequels still seen on movie screens until today.
Kilala mo toh kung nanood ka ng Shake,Rattle, & Roll before hahaha :D Forget mo? Si Undin!
Ang TV The Movie (Ibong Adarna) plus Jolina Magdangal= Perfect! I sure had many confessions in Part 2, and here's an addition---I'm a Jolina Magdangal fan. She sings well(has her own statement fashion), she's lively, she's talented, and she's decent. Naalala ko lang na in.apply namin ang kanta ng movie na toh in one of our role plays in high school. Naalala ko pa din ang lyrics nyan hahaha

"Hintayin mo lang ang pag-tila ng ulan. Paligid ay dagling mahuhugasan. Di ba't kulay ay tumitingkad. Makikita mong ganap ang anyo ng mundo. Hintayin mo lang! Mababatid na may ganda pa rin ito"

Watch the vid below:

An all time favorite! Magic Temple! Napanood niyo din ba toh? It was not bad for a fiction movie. And several lessons too. I can also memorize the song eh. Teehee! :D

"Minsan sa ating buhay tayo'y lumalayo. Pinipilit na magtago sa sariling anino. Harapin mo ang mundo. Dito lang matatanto kung ikaw ay totoo at ang tunay mong pagkatao"


Some scenes I love: The messenger's conversation with Sifu, the first few scenes in Samadi, and when the little Sifu helped Jubal, Sambag, and Omar. Not to mention the beautiful villain, Ravenal.


And this move too! Batang X! Remember??? :) :)
Remember Batang Z too?? Tom Taus? :)
Eh ito? Hiling! This was aired in 1998 I think.
Aswang! A movie that tells about Philippine Folklore. Aswang drilling terror to the residents of Barrio Talisay. Creepy!!!! =/
So much for the spooky tales! How 'bout this?? Mulan!!!My favorite!!!

"A flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest of all"~ The Emperor, referring to Mulan while speaking with Sheng :) :)


I can pretty relate with the names of the characters somehow as some of them were taken from the names found in Asian History. Shan Yu as one example. It's learning and entertainment combined!
How about this one??Still remember?? The Land Before Time!! Aaahh childhood! :)
Eto naaalala nyo pa for sure! Kevin of  Home Alone! Brave kid! :D
Eh si Dennis??? :D Whaaa the most disastrous kid alive! :D
And then there's Air Bud!!!Ever watched this snugly doggie dramedy movie??? :D
Jaws!!! If there's one English I'm mostly excited watching---it's Shark movies!Anything! Jaws, Deep Blue Sea, Devil in the Deep, Shark Night, anything shark! haha
Mighty Joe Young!!This one's a tear-jerker :(

Lion King!!! A legendary Disney movie! The first reason why I love Disney! :) :) :)
Familiar with this one???? :D Hahaha At first glance you'll think they have  heads of an eggshell hehe--they're the Coneheads!!! :)
Starship Troopers! John D. Rico! What if this was true hmmm :D
Eh ito naaalala nyo??? ET phone home??? Aaaahh I love childhood!!! This was released in 1997 if I'm right :)

So the Philippines made its own version too:
Kokey !!!! Which was equally the same good movie!!! Love!!! "Okey kang kaibigan, kaibigan kong Kokey" :)


And as I write this, the little niece is asking who made these aliens?? And I only took a pause for an asnwer hahaha. What a difficult question! :D
And of course, the epic---Titanic!!!I also watched this in 3D!!! Even dreamed of visiting Marina Bay Sands to see the Titanic Museum which was made in celebration of its 100th year after its sinking



Other Shows

                                                             Baywatch! :D

Dawson's Creek! Did you watch this too?? Brought Katie Holmes a big break :D
Philippines had its own version too:

Naaalala nyo na??? :D

                        Charmed!!!! Remember them?? The ever sexy good witches!! :)
                                                                Nope??


                                                  Eh ang 7th Heaven??? Di rin???


                                                F.R.I.E.N.D.S., anyone?? hehe :)

                                 Are you afraid of the dark??? Awoooo hahahaha :D

                                        And Philippines' own version yet again.....

                                Takot ka ba sa dilim??? hahaha This was aired too! :D


                                               He haunted your nights too right? =/


         And show na toh, naremember nyo??? This was aired on Saturday afternoons. The Dionisio family remember???


  Then there was Flames! Na ginawa ding movie :) Si "Princess Leslie" :D And honestly I have been watching Jolina movies too haha. Fanatic or not?? :D Ask my mom and she'll tell you I even have a collection of Jolina's photos since she was a baby teehee but I'm no longer sure where it is now :D

                                              Gimik!! Ginawa ding movie to eh :D

                             G-mik, The New Generation. Did you watch this too!!! :D


                    Sang Linggo nAPO Sila!!!!Noon Time Show!!!Naabutan ko din toh :D


                           Whaaa Wow Mali!! Dami kong tawa sa show na toh haha :D


 
Naremember mo pa din kaya dating station logos ng ABS-CBN & GMA (di pa uso Kapamilya o Kapuso noon eh, but I honestly spent most of my childhood watching ABS, even up to now) Loyalist! haha, no puns intended though wink*

And if you experienced the 90s makikilala mo din sila! :D

         Bernardo Bernardo, who was part of Home Along da Riles, always bullying the poor Mang Kevin right? right? :D

             And her! Yukari Oshima, popularly known as Cynthia Luster who made colabs in several movies in the 90s to both action      and comedian Filipino stars :D

            Naaalala nyo pa ang batang toh?? haha you wouldn't believe that he's not what he is when he was young. It's IC Mendoza (photo from Shake,Rattle, & Roll)

At kilala mo sila!

  The legends in Philippine comedy! (Top left, bottom left, bottom right, top right: Babalu, Rene Requiestas aka Chetaeh, Redford White and the Comedy King himself, Dolphy :)


Whew! So many memories.


And there are few more.

Still with me.

Head on.


TV Commercials (You loved and laughed about) :D


                                 It's Fido Dido of the 7 Up commercial hahaha :D

Eh ang commercial na toh??? Alam mo toh!!!!! hahahaha. Minemorize mo pa moves nyan eh hehe :D


                                          "Ito ang beat" Pinoy Coke Commercial


More laughs? Check more vids below...

   "Dear Diary, Carlo (Patrick Garcia) sat me today. He's sooo cute! Sabi niya I'm pretty :)
            Kaya lang I'm fat :( I eat too much kasi eh. Mula ngayon: goodbye chocolates, goodbye spaghetti, goodbye hotdog(stares at Purefoods Tender Juicy Hotdog) goodbye Carlo!!!"

Whaaaa nostalgia! I was so young paglabas ng TV ad na toh!!!Ilang taon ka non? :D It's just so frustrating I could not find a link to the sequel of this commercial. 'Twas funnier! Naaalala nyo yung lines na, "He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me!" hahahaha :D

         PLDT "Suportahan ta ka" TV Ad :D Whoa! Meron pa nung "Hello Billy" commercial na di ko rin mahanap teehee :D
                                                           Ito lang ....

                                                       Hahaha winner! :D :D

   At ito! Sprite "Magpakatotoo Ka" Commercial. Dito una nadiscover si Ryan Agoncillo haha :D


                 Sprite "Magpakatotoo Ka" I Love You Piolo Commercial ni Toni Gonzaga


Sweet! Whoa memories! :D I think this was released around '99 to 2001 na din but you see memories are memories! :D

                                  'Tis the season. Holidays are coming! Aaaahhh :D


If the web world would allow me, I'd love to include more posts about the 90s. Nostalgia, funny remembrances, whatever we call them. They all vamp a huge part in our hearts.

I'm a 90s kid!

Are you? 

:)




Remember is an overused word in this post, but I'd like to know what else you can use that word for about the 90s. Tell me! Hit the comments section! :)






Photo/Video Credits:
google (dot) com (slash) images
youtube (dot) com