10.8.12

Balik Tanaw: Favorite 90's Memories Part 2


The afterthought is endless. I was not born an expat so I have a somewhat serious mind for a lot of Filipino  memories in the 90's. Though I could also not afford to overlook the foreign ones. Some of my readers and friends' reactions after posting the Part I made me realize there is just too much I could look back on to.

And so I reckon more retrospection as something positively worth doing.

Ready for another journey down memory lane?

The Music

There was MTV before Myx hehe :D
You're a 90's kid if you can finish the song, "Ice Ice _ _ _ _" Alam mo yaaaannn! hahaha :D

You surely know Spice Girls! And almost all of their songs!

You can pretty memorize Barbie Girl by Aqua haha :D

You know S Club 7!!! :D
Very in ang BOY BANDS!!! N Sync, Backstreet Boys (Backstreet's back, alright! hahaha) , 98 Degrees, A1, Westlife, and guess what band is in the lower left? ------------- Boyzone! Squeals! :D
I almost forgot!!! Boyz II Men whew!!! I'd be cursed! haha
If today's decade has Justin Bieber, before we had Aaron Carter!!!!! I bet you are already  humming "I'm all about you, I'm all about us" in your mind right now noh?! haha


D'you remember them???? The Moffatts!!! I used to have a giant poster of them in my bedroom wall before. This is a confession, I had a crush on Scott!!!! wink*
90's is Britney Spears generation! :D
And there was Alanis Morisette! Isn't it ironic? hehe

Savage Garden!!!! Woohoo!!! The Darren Hayes news on being gay was sad though. 
One fond memory I have with this song is that eto  yung kinakanta-kanta sa akin ng kuma-crush sakin nung grade school hahaha yaiks! So many confessions, teehee! :D

 Hmmmm you don't remember them??? How about the song below?
Hindi pa din??? Aaahhh I give up! ----they're Take That! :D

Hands up for Hanson!!!! Forgetting them already??? Remember the song that goes "Mmmbop, ba dupa dop, ba du bop"???
Nah, just click that video below hehe :)


There was Sixpence None the Richer too!!! So kiss me for reminding you that haha :D
And one of my most-loved groups----The Corrs!!Woohoo all the love in the world! :D

And brace yourself!!!

 Naki-uso ka rin sa pag sayaw ng Macarena Dance! Right? Right? hahaha :D (Hit play to hear it this time  around, alam mo pa yung moves nyan I know!hahaha) Sabay suot ka pa ng macarena skirt nun eh hehe

Now let's have it the pinoy way.

Head on.

                       Novelty!!!! Lito Camo always has it!Naalala mo pa kantang toh?

Hmmm need I say more? Kinakanta mo pa yung torete lagi sa videoke eh hahaha. Gotcha there!! :D
Whoa! The band with deep thought in their lyrics---AfterImage. We are definitely  "Next in Line"  :)
Parokya ni Edgar!!! What are your favorite songs by them? I loved 'Wag Mo na Sana' :)
Rivermaya!!! But of course with the original band members!Elesi, Bye Bye Na, Kisapmata, Himala, Awit ng Kabataan. Aaahh damiii!!! :D
And one forever favorite---Eraserheads! If I could only use too much ellipsis just so I could keep on telling the world of how I feel about......how good their songs were....Hmmm Alapaap, Huling El Bimbo, Pare ko, Overdrive, With a Smile. Yeah it sounds a lot like campus and street jeans, pero aminin mo natuwa ka sa mga kanta nila. There are actually way too many bands like them in the 90s (Siakol, Color it Red, etc.) :D
And the legend of April Boy Regino hahaha epic!!!"Honneeeyy, my love, so sweeet" :D
The Reads 

Bago ang Kindle Versions at Pdf files uso nun aaaang---Comics!!! :D
How about Chicken Soup??? :D
At mga kwentong Urban Legends??? hehe
Ever read chick lits? :)

How about Ramona Quimby??? Na ginawa pang movie nitong 2010 lang (Ramona & Beezus)! Not so familiar???
Eh ang Baby Sitters Club?? Ever dared to borrow them in your school library?  :)
Goosebumps stories, anyone? :D Di rin noh??
Eh ang mga kwentong Judy Blume??? :) First novel I ever read! Sa school library pa nun eh. I even tried to draft my own version of Judy Blume stories which I carried until high school, but lost them eventually. No brainer actually hihi :D
I bet you surely know this----Nancy Drew!!! :D

Then I read Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird and Kath Paterson's Bridge to Terabithia, that became a movie too!!! :D

And Marvels!!! :D
Michael Crichton novels!!! Jurassic Park! This is what I exactly have in my library :)

At umamin ka! Uso nun ang may kumpletong set ng Britannica Encyclopedia hahahaha :D
And before Wikipedia we had Encarta!!! Yebah!!! hahahaha :D
The Trend

These purses? Wahaha ginamit mo yan! Ginamit mo yan! :D
Slam Books! Where you had your friends and classmates fill the questions out sabay hingi pa ng 1x1 picture hahaha plus the epic end messages like "Thank you for letting me sign in your slam book" wahahaha kaloka!!! :D
How about the Stick-on Earrings? :)
Lunch Boxes that looked like this! Or sometimes Care Bears, Power Rangers, and Barbie haha! :D
Long before mechanical pencils! Dang!!! I forgot what this pencil's name was :)
Tamagotchis!!! :D
Baby-G watches!!!! Waaahh ;D
At ang pencil case na madaming compartments! Hahahaha :D
And the pagers that I never actually had haha. There was "party-line" too hehe
Years before iPhones & Androids there were---Analog Phones hahahaha :D
Eh yung Luminous Stars?? haha :D
See-through phones? :D

In din yung coleman containers eh right? hahaha Sinong meron nito dati?? :D
Nyaha admit it pinambili mo din ng paper dolls and baon mo! hahaha :D
Nauso din ang Smiley bags! :)
And the water gun!!! Forgot to include this in Part 1 :D
These ice candies too :D
Before flash and external drives we had floppy disks (diskettes) haha!
Monopoly game!!! That's when I felt I was really close to being millionaire hahaha ;D
Remember Bubble Jugs too?? Yum! :D
Amnina na! Sinuot mo rin toh minsan hahaha :D
Coca-cola trucks! Aaahhh!
And Cali! Meron pa ba nito ngayon? :)
I forgot this too, Brick Game! :D
Shortly before emails and skype---snail mail! :P
You played in the rain too right?! Aaaahh the feeling of playfulness! :)
                                         Dial-up internet na ang hirap mag-connect! :D

And drum rolls for--------the Santan nectar na sugary sweet at madalas mong gawing kwintas hehehehe
I hate to break it to you, but this post is loaded with much things from the 90s already. I promise to flood you with more in Part 3!

Waaaahh! This is still nostalgia! :D

Just a teaser, watch this!








Photo/ Video Credits:
google (dot) com (slash) images
youtube (dot) com