25.9.13

Best Travel Find: Pulpit Rock Norway



There I was, sitting on the edge, looking down a massive 604 meter high cliff. No feeling is more dominant than my veins squeezing its size and my guts shivering literally. It is not what you call butterflies in the stomach. It was the worst way to get sick. 

As I pushed myself an inch further, I felt half of my body floating in the middle of the skies. 

I know I'm in Ryfylke. But something is tapping me back to when I first recovered from a Peruvian hangover-- from a climb in Machu Picchu. 

I pulled and took a brave stand. Traveling has become a means to discover more fully of the place where I am, and of the new things I may define myself as.The Pulpit Rock in Norway prompted a large part of that.

Pulpit Rock, colloquially known as Preikestolen, or sometimes called as Preacher's Pulpit is one of the most famous attractions elevating 886 feet above sea level in Ryfylke, Rogaland, Western Norway. It is reached by ferry or car from Stavanger, Bergen, or Oslo, and is a hike of about 1 to 3 hours in an uneven terrain. 

Image Credit: Maul Photography via flickriver.com


Large chunks of boulders and turquoise waters fall beautifully right next each other like a canvass. As I've gotten a panoramic view of the place, another sense of satisfaction tanks inside me. Pulpit Rock is among the best alternatives to a summer trip discreet from the typical presence of beaches and busy streets.

All I had after is a gentle kneading by a Norwegian masseuse. The next thing, an enormous photo uploads of the cliff. And the last, a deep good sleep in a bed covered with a duvet. Then I realized, it was our last night in Kowloon. I had one great dream.


To know more of Pulpit Rock, the amazing mountain plateau in Ryfylke, Norway, go to visitnorway.com.




Image Credits:
Maul Photography, flickriver.com