9.8.13

Giorgio Armani Chooses Stella Jean x Bold Ethnic Trend 2013/ 2014


I'm not sure if I am the only one who thinks, or changed her view, on designers' collections modeled on the runway as the type people can't really wear in real life. These collections of mostly a dollar-a-thread fabrics are worn by seemingly walking barbie dolls of half a real human size. But that's not the case in point. I am thinking that if these collections actually didn't work, or if designers only buckled down to brandish how they're good at rag trade, they must have long been broke. But no. That's as likely as not the word style comes into the picture to determine how these collections can also be sported in the streets by every trendsetter. Or maybe that's when the people who have the confidence to be avant-garde play a vital role. 


So now when I watch fashion shows of collections by top international designers, I attempt to look on the brighter side of things and fancy about how they're applicable to street style. But not that it also happens every time. I prefer those that will surely work for most people, because I think it's what is wearable; thus, worth buying. Right now I'm wowing on the collections of a budding Italian fashion designer, Stella Jean. 

While I have succumbed to the forces that the fashion industry is not entirely glitz and glam, and believed on the rather dark side of the story, Giorgio Armani proves me otherwise. Latest reports say that Armani shows extensive support to the new and aspiring Italian fashion designers. He welcome-ly opens Armani Theatre in Via Bergognone to make room for fashion shows by these designers. 

Lately he chose Stella Jean, a Roman born designer with a Haitian heritage to show her spring and summer 2013/ 2014 collection in the Armani Theatre. Her collection is predominantly bold ethnic prints. And the most acceptable of all is that it is made up of not only flare and volumes but fashion pieces which we can all try on for everyday style. Some of them: geometric prints, graphic tees, A-line skirts, animal prints, rompers, not to mention beautifully styled tophat and derby hats and African- inspired turbans. 

Bellow are my favorite pieces from Stella Jean's SS 2013/2014 collections.

Click to view photos
Click to view Click to view


Jean said in a statement, "Giorgio Armani is offering concrete support and a strong signal of confidence in emerging creativity. I can guarantee that the energy and enthusiasm that results, in emotional and creative terms, is really extraordinary. I am truly honored and deeply grateful for the opportunity offered to me". Congratulations to Jean and accolades to Armani. 

I hope you have gotten so much fashion inspiration from Stella Jean's collection as much as I did.






SHOP Stella Jean on the following online stores: