23.7.13

25 Ways to a Parisian Travel Dream


My affinity to romantic cities always finds its way to one, among many other places, Paris. I'm probably one of the most hopeless romantic person you'll ever find in the planet because of it.

Most people think that life has no mystery and magic. But think about me, and all the other people out there who dream of one day setting foot on Paris. The fact that we share the same fascination is mystery enough that relative things happen to different people at different parts of the globe.

They sure have their own version of Paris. But me? This is how I hope it'd be:

    1. Brunch at a Parisian Cafe'

Find a table at Le Petit Cafe', Paris
I wouldn't mind whatever pavement cafe' it may be. The important thing is having to laze and see the usual social and culinary life in Paris- nestling my derriere on a couch while ruminating on a delicious  French croissant and wearing a quintessentially French tongue.

French croissant
     2. Experience an elaborate French Gourmet

Won't you drool just by the look of it?
French gourmet is known to be exquisite, not only for the jet set. I wonder how an authentic French culinary cabaret feels like. After all, they say a dinner in France is never second best. A little refining of the palate here and there.

     3. Spend afternoons at Shakespeare & Co

Heaven on earth
It's an English bookstore that stood across from Notre Dame on the left bank since 60 years ago. If you are like me who finds ultimate happiness in reading, this would also be your sanctuary. My goal is to find and read an authentic first edition- a classic book at that- and have it stamped with their insignia on my way out. Some say, the bookstore has readings every Monday night at 7. I would sure dare try.

     4. Visit the Louvre


Architectural masterpiece
And why not? Paintings are another reason to visit Paris, and the Louvre is one of the world's largest and most historic museums that contain the awesom-est work of art-- The Raft of Medusa, Death of the Virgin, The Coronation of Napoleon, and the eminent face of Mona Lisa

     5. Stroll from St. Germain to Notre Dame


I'd like to see the narrowest streets of the city, the oldest churches, and other best English bookstore.

     6. Visit Musee d' Orsay


Home to French art since the 1800s. My objective is to see the works of Vincent Willem Van Gogh. He must be familiar to you too, mustn't he?

     7. See the Place Des Vosges


It is the oldest square in Paris. Victor Hugo, the French novelist of the famous Les Miserables was said to have lived there.

     8. Go to Vogue Paris


I am a sucker for fashion as I am for travel, and to be able to visit the office of one of the most credible fashion authorities is another dream to cross off my life list.

     9. Pastime at La Siene


It's another way to complete my Parisian trip aside from the Eiffel. I want to see the best of spectacles in Paris by cruising the Siene river especially by night, when monuments and landmarks shimmer as they reflect in the waterway. C'est magnifique!

    10. Buy a Parisian Beret


Beret- wearing French might have already stopped the craze of wearing one, especially the navy  blue ones, back from when Simon and Garfunkel were even formed. At one point French fashion nowadays may be a little intimidating, with natives being an ultimate believer of high fashion standards (read: polished shoes, no underrated day wear like flip flops, no mismatch, edgy, and NO FAKE). But berets are still piece for French fashion. The secret maybe is to pay respects to their fashion standard by wearing ensembles clean, with confidence, and sleek-- meaning, no too many statement pieces. It's not dressing to the nines.

    11. Visit Disneyland Paris

Source
I cannot miss a nostalgic park like that. Not even the one in Hong Kong, or LA.

   12. See the Versailles Palace


Source
I like a little history from time to time. What I know is that Versailles is where most French monarchs lived. Its architectural design is also worth a capture.

    13. Experience Paris Story by Victor Hugo

Source
I could probably do this on my first day in Paris. To see France in a forty-foot panoramic onscreen audiovisual presentation hosted by a holographic Victor Hugo would be a perfect starter!

     14. Watch a show at the Paris Opera House

Source
I'm an endless dreamer for classical operas and stage plays. If Broadway is for New York, and West End is for London, this could most likely be for Paris.

     15.  Try a delicious brewed coffee and a French toast


I don't drink brewed coffee. But I might try, for the sake of Paris. A cup wouldn't be bad I guess and a French toast will compliment it perfectly. Besides, I think it's better than to try to wear a ridiculous mustache.


     16. Eat tons of French Macarons 


Can Parisian calories be an exemption to the slimming rules? Tee hee! 

     17. Stop by the Arc de Triomphe


For the hope of seeing it in the flesh than in magazines and books. Plus it's one of the most historic sites in Paris.

     18. Go to Mont Saint-Michel


I also want to go somewhere a little far from the center of the City of Lights. Saint-Michel is a good option, a small island just off the coast of Normandy. I'd love to see structures from the medieval times. From afar, it looks like the jumble of towers in Harry Potter's Hogwarts.

     19. Buy homecoming treats at La Grande Epicerie 




La Grande Epicerie is said to be the most impressive food find store in Paris- quoted as, the Temple of Foodistas, so why not bring some home?

    20. Shop at Saint Germain, hopefully, really hopefully!

Source
To shop at what they call, the hub of French bourgeois, perhaps my guiltiest Parisian fashion pleasure, the other being Shopping with Jackie (Kennedy Onassis) in Paris and Audrey Hepburn in Paris. I'll sweat it out! 

    21. Dine at La Maison Rose Paris



Blissfully because there is the same restaurant in Cebu, Philippines which I also love!

    22. Visit Moulin Rouge Paris


I love the movie, and surely this one too. I'd like to see can-can dancers in this cabaret. 

     23. Window shop at Montaigne Market

Source
If buying a beyond-150-dollar item in a one-off boutique is a little far out for me; at least, I could get into a place where I could find fashion inspirations the way I flip through the pages of Vogue.

      24. Have a photo taken in front of a colored art door 


For the love of all things dainty!

     25. Trip up the Eiffel Tower

Oh Eiffel! My Eiffel!
Of course! It's in my life list. Kudos to Gustave Eiffel for engineering this global icon. It isn't Paris without it. 

Audrey Hepburn was right, Paris is always a good idea








Photo Credits:
pinterest (dot) com
google (dot) com (slash) images