29.6.13

Vanity Table Inspiration: Tranquil Pastels


I drool for beautifully embellished homes and interior. There's a drawing power between me and  home decoration since play days. I watch lifestyle and home magazine shows more than TV listings other kids of my age would pay attention to. 

This interest spills over the confines of TV to printed finds, and even on-line. Whenever there's something I'm really inspired about, I write or print it in catalogs. Or more easily now, keep it in my virtual pinboard.

One important part of the home that I am mostly fascinated about is the private space. Simply because it says largely about one's personality and it's where most, if not all of us, are absolutely free to do whatever we want. 

In this post, I'd like to be more specific about private space and talk something more about vanity tables. I am thinking of making a series of posts that toss ideas about it.

A Vanity Table is a small table we place in one side of our bedroom. It's where we station our makeup, beautifying solutions, add-on candies, and fragrance bottles.

Here, are blue green pastel- themed vanity tables.


I like the mixture of cream color complimenting the powder blue pastel that dominates the entire corner. The vintage- style vanity chair adds beauty to the centerpiece without being overly distracting. The jack pine shade of green on the lamp, frame of the mirror, and trash can compliments the main color. Plus the transparent nature of the table itself gives it a larger illusion- perfect for a small space.

The combination of colors and texture in this vanity table inspiration creates a tranquil effect in the mood. I can only imagine patting subtle strokes of blush without worrying how it will look in day light. The fact that it's near the window and the powder blue color soothes my mood keeps me from pressure, perhaps even when I know I'm already late for brunch or an important meeting. It's just totally different with a dim and cluttered space.


In this second photo, the powder blue and jack pine shade of green is given a different perspective. The vintage vanity table and chair compliments well together. It's also comfortable to have added the polka dot-upholstered chair cushion. The touch of purple shades though gives it a more grown- up look, but it's as tranquil as the first photo. One thing functional about this inspiration is that the table has a drawer from which you can stash more things in.

The general idea is to mix pastel with vintage. And if it's blue, it will go well with green- a duochrome, in contrast with a natural color (white or cream).

The next vanity table inspiration would be from pastel shades of pink. My kind of color!