6.4.13

The Traveler Wears Prada


No, this is not a Lauren Weisberger novel. Or a sequel to the top rated movie about poor Andy Sachs (Anne Hathaway) facing a catch-22 of whether to drop her job or not for working with a death glare.

The Peak, Hong Kong
If you have read me lately, you'll notice that I have posted articles from my recent travel in Hong Kong. And this is yet another one.

My own share of quandary comes from how to pull together a season-appropriate travel outfit without looking dowdy. 

I toyed with geometric printed sleeves from Prada. The idea was to wear an ensemble that will go well with the modern theme panorama and sights of Victoria Peak, Hong Kong

I: at Tun Chung Line Station l Prada Model: on the Runway
The multi-chromatic design is inspired from Miuccia Prada's Autumn/ Winter 2012 Collection that focuses on geometric patterns and electric prints. 

I particularly picked the one in neon orange and hued down mix of violet color because of its non boring but not overstated combination. 

I tweaked the look by pairing the sleeves with a studded shorts atop black leggings instead of the straight geometric printed Prada sleeves and pants. And finished it with a neutral cream trench coat to combat the winter breeze of Hong Kong and to tune the modern aura down a bit. 

Quaffing a cup of Hot Shots
I opted to skip out on belts to keep it from looking very '70s. Pulling the Prada arm sleeves over the cream trench coat was a good means of making all the outfit mix well together.

I also donned spike earrings and arm candies to avoid making the impression of looking like Miranda Priestly's age to my 22-year-old physicality. Because honestly, the sleeves has a little senescence attached to it.

Victoria Peak
It would have also looked better with a platform shoes but I preferred comfort over statement. My feet still had long walks to take around Hong Kong. 

I for sure am a traveler who wears Prada with this stint. But it's also not like I can afford  an authentic one everyday of the year.





On my photos:

Geometric Printed Sleeves [] Prada
Studded Shorts [] from Bangkok
Trench Coat [] Thrift Shop
Spike Accessories [] Lemon Drops




Postscript: I look forward to coming up with better photos next time.



Photo Credits:
fashionbombdaily (dot) com- 2nd photo, right side

Reference: 
nytimes (dot) com