6.8.12

Balik Tanaw: Favorite 90’s Memories Part I

I’m quite recollective. There is a slight effusive retrospection when people talk about childhood and the memories that came with the things in the 90’s.



As I dispose some personal items that seemed forgotten over the years, it’s amazing how these things still manage to give me resolute pleasure. I’m not yet sure if facebook, or twitter and the worldwide web can do the same a decade from now.

These memory skewers just come abundantly in my mind, hailing to be perpetuated in this post. So here’s a fleeting look down memory lane; a sweet treat to yesteryears.

The Porma
Sooo grade school!! Who else wrapped her hair with these Butterfly Clips?!
Overalls with the straps down! Haha :D

Who went for the six pockets??? :D
And the Hip Hop Fashion. Kala mo cool ka na noh? haha :D
How about the oversized tees?
And the neon leggings? Gawd I hated wearing that before! :D
At ang pag-uso ng Gypsy Tops
at Turtlenecks 
And who can forget the Penny Loafers?
Umamin ka, you also cried out for a pair of Islander Sandals!Pow!

And the Habagat Haversack na madalas manakaw sayo dahil mahal! Kaboom! :D
How about this look? Haha :D

Aha! The Spaghetti Straps Tank Tops
And the epic Bandannas! Gang or Grunge? :)



The Food Store Finds


The Ring Pops! Nom nom!
Yakee super sour bubble gum! Love the yellow and the red one!
Nougat and white rabbit! Sheesh! :D
Mikmik Milk Powder which painfully got into your nose because you laughed while tossing it :P
Polo Mint/ Fruit Candy, which got you fond making sound out of
Tootsie Roll Sticky Chocolate, Chocnut, and the ever famous Nips Candy
Isama mo na ang barkadahang, Tomi, Ri-Chee, Moby, Rimbee, PeeWee at Cheese-it!




Remember the Flat Tops, Pretzels and Knick Knacks?? Whoa I love them three!
Nyah! Ube and Langka candies were  easy-to-chew sweet candies ;)

Aaahh I got this Dancing Coke Can in the 90's. Had to laugh hard as it dances when I play Boombastic by Shaggy
The Fun Plays


Who played Pogs??? Some had to even have your favorite cartoon characters in them, right? :D
Familiar what that kid is playing? Haha. Jolens!!!
The rubber bands that served a thousand purposes hehe. Talk about street games? :)
Koosh Balls! To which relevance I still don't get until now :D
Yoyos!!! Pagalingan pa nun eh :D
Did Tamiya Race Cars also got you hooked? I loved the Hurricane Sonic
Beyblades! 
Troll Dolls! Sometimes they're so annoying but they were honestly cuute! :D
Ninja Turtles! My brother had a complete set of them including slippers...and briefs hahaha :D
One of the "ancient" toys on the list, Rainbow Spring! :)
Beanie Babies!!! Stuffed Toys that became collector's items to many adults too!
Plastic Balloons! Very Pinoy! Squeeze it, roll it, blow it to inflate it hehe :)
Teks! Mine was stashed somewhere
When Angry Birds were not yet born, there was Furby the cutesy robot ;)
How about these tiny toy soldiers? (Military Miniatures)
Pokémon Cards (It's silly when I hear of 'bokeh' in photography I always think it sounds like Pokémon haha)
Game Boys! :)
These rollers :D
PC Games! Super Mario and Luigi? Aaahh I can still remember the sounds :D
I don't play them before. But a lot of kids do! :)
S.O.S, FLAMES and the Folded Paper Game! You played them too right???Admit it! Admit it! :D
The epic Jackstones!!!! Yay! :D
The Animated Series


Rugrats. Naughty Angelica, ack! :)
Dexter's Lab and the chic Dee Dee :)
Ooohh it's Johnny Bravo! :D
Powerpuff Ladies, I mean Girls hehe (Powerpuff! Ta ta ta ta tan) hahaha :D
Jimmy Neutron! Genius! 
How about Mojacko?
And my forever love, Doraemon (and his magic pocket that contains EVERYTHING!!!)
Sailor Moon which came even before Pokémon ("Sa kapangyarihan ng buwan!") haha :D
Still remember the power moves from Zenki and Dragon Ball Z?? :)
These 4 pals!!! :D
Let's go for the battles! Magic Knight Rayearth & Flame of Recca! Waahhh :D
Don't tell me you don't remember them. Ghost Fighter!
I'll tone the war down a bit with Spongebob Squarepants! Dang that yellow sponge :D
Who watched Recess on Disney???? I !!! :)
Raise your hand if you watched Sabrina The Teenage Witch too!

Are you thinking what I'm thinking??? It's the Banana Duo! Bananas n' Pajamas :D
I want to take your memories back to some other classic animated cartoon series too! Still with me? Keep scrolling :)

Awww it's Remi, Nobody's girl. Such a tear-jerker series :(
Sarah Ang Munting Prinsesa, a Tagalog adaptation of Frances Hodgson Burnett's novel, A Little Princess
Cedie And Munting Prinsipe! And the movie which was portrayed by Tom Taus :) It's another Frandces Hodgson Burnett classic based from his original, Little Lord Fauntleroy
The hills are alive with the sound of music. Von Trapp Family of Singers ooohh classic!
Cinderella! Squeals for Prinsipe Lenard hahaha :D
Remember her???? Guess who!----------- Si Maria at ang Lihim na Hardin. D'you remember already?? :D
How about Georgie??? Based from a manga by Mann Izawa
And this bubbly kid Heidi !!! I remember the entrance song when Heidi was floating in the clouds :)
Don't be hard on yourself with that French title written there. It's Si  Julio at Julia (Kambal ng Tadhana)  
Aagh that cutesy nose hehe! Marcelino Pan y Vino. The one I look forward watching every morning :)
Bu Bu Cha Cha!!! That animated series has been therapeutic to me, I don't know why :)
Men in Black! Which I remember watching every Sunday morning on ABS :)
Blue Blink!!!! I even vividly recall the song "Ako si Blink, sa bawat oras nariyan, tutulong sa nangangailangan" :D
One of my favorites, Judy Abbott (Daddy Long Legs) Went a little nutty over playing Lacrosse and the idea of a  "dream boy" hahaha
And of course I could not afford not to have this on my list ----The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and my fave characters, Huck, the drunk fisherman Mang Muff (Mr.Muff Potters), the nerdy Sid, and the scary Injun Joe plus when it starts to play the "pew pew pew pew pewewewewew" sound effect when Tom and Huck get so scared hahaha. I know it's silly including that sound effect thing but my brother and I loved that. I'm not sure if you're familiar with it too :D

Aaaaahhh, pleasant remembrances! All these endeared flashbacks and kids-were-yous just thrill me. The list goes on and on and on, and I still have more to post. Anything else I missed? Write them down the comment section below.

By the way, I found this opening video of that witty boy living in the Mississippi River, Tom Sawyer. It's very short, though it's nostalgic :) Lots of love for you all!







Photo/ Video Credits:
google (dot) com (slash) images
youtube (dot) com