3.5.12

Design Dialogues


Heim Interior Product, Php2200/ USD 51.69

Seminars and open discussions about home styling & interior designs are rather rare in my place. It's a little frustrating for a home design junkie like me to never get a chance to engage in a gab fest related to my interests so I always find myself stopping by the bookstores or googling online to get some printed finds. 

Websites like Home Designing and The Style Files are some of my daily resorts for good home design ideas. Or sometimes I get them through my virtual pinboard, Pinterest.

A great deal of my design influence though came from F, one of Philippines' longest running lifestyle magazine program dated back when I was in grade school which eventually stopped airing in 2006. It came back later as Urban Zone which was still hosted by one of the former F presenters, Daphne OseƱa-Paez, to whom I simply admire. Well there I go again, a plain habitue' wearing some big smiles as I scribe that line. 

UZ also stopped putting on program recently but is soon to air again in a new media form. This time directly from Daphne's blog.

Most of the time I prefer reading hard copies more than the kindle version for reasons that printouts are more personal, no device-malfunction issue attached, and writing side notes  is very much allowed. Do you agree?

However, I'm also an avid to Ms. Daphne's site to where I always get real-time updates on not only  tips and how-to's but as well as events.

Heima (Heima Store) is hosting Design Discussions, details found in the photo below:


I'm having high hopes that they'll also be able to host one here in Tacloban City. It would surely be a day full of interesting design learning besides being free of admission. Yes free! Although it's best to pre-register. You see, slots to a good forum like this are always limited.

Visit Heima here.





Photo Credits:
google (dot) com (slash) images

Reference:
daphne (dot) ph