15.6.13

5 Top Picks to a Better Skin


Skincare is at one point vanity, the other a basic physiological need. More than the fancy for a more radiant look, it's a way to care for our body's first line of defense against free-radicals and bacteria. Yeah, I mean, who doesn't know that? All these information are largely up for grabs everywhere and most of us can easily be in the know.


One word of caution is that not all information provided, vastly, in the internet are true. Perhaps it's better to couple this so-called skincare regimen with extra mindfulness. For that I have been scouting ideas from reliable materials or websites. And how do I manage to know that? First, I cannot fritter an ample amount of time just to know if the source is reputable or not, but a little knowledge on website authenticity is a big help. Second, I know by simply relying more on those who walk the talk. 

I highly consider Amanda Griffin- Jacob's blog on keeping skincare natural a perfect example of that reliability. Just a short unsolicited plug about her is that she's one of the personalities I know who have sustained a no-makeup look and still look fresh. Besides the pressure to look one for being a public personality. But the point is she manages well to be a beau ideal of good skincare. 

I have sourced out a few of her ideas and added other most essential tips I know on this topic:

The no makeup Amanda Grifiin- Jacob with son Kieran

1. Dry skin brushing

It's an easy and cheap therapy for the skin. While others do not believe in its effects, it is said to essentially improve surface circulation and keeps pores open to allow more metabolic wastes to be excreted. Skin cannot process the waste by itself— pollution, dirt clog pores add up to the difficulty in the elimination of wastes. 

I have tried doing this at least once daily from when I first read it in Amanda's blog and it feels just as relaxing, too. There are available body brushes that are only subtle and right for the skin at The Body Shop. Here's also a detailed sample video on how to do dry skin brushing: